Whitmore Football & Education Scheme
Watford FC’s CSE Trust and Whitmore High School are delighted to offer this successful Football & Education Scheme. This exciting partnership gives players between the ages of 16 and 19 the chance to combine practical football experience with academic studies. This package is a fantastic opportunity for young males who are keen to develop their football talent to progress into a higher level of football, or alternatively progress onto university, football coaching or other areas in the sports industry.
The course offers UEFA qualified coaching and education provided at an 'outstanding' rated school, giving players the opportunity to fulfill their playing and academic potential in the best environment possible. Players will all receive free Watford FC training and match kit once enrolled.
- Monday and Tuesday - Training sessions on our fantastic 3G facility.
- Wednesdays - Match Days; fixtures in competitive leagues and cups against other clubs, schools and/or colleges.
- Thursdays - Classroom analysis session. Recovery session in the gym and sports hall.
Education (Academic and Coaching)
- Study a BTEC Level 2 or 3 in Sport - With our excellent academic provision, students on the course are consistently making the top 10% for progress nationally! - ALPS report
- Support with Level One in Coaching Football qualification and other qualifications if appropriate
Employability / Volunteering
- Players can gain further experience by volunteering at the Watford FC CSE Trust on our numerous community programmes.
- If qualified, players can potentially become employed as a Casual Coach for the Trust and earn money whilst on the course.
We also have numerous links with outside professionals who are invited to meet the players and give an insight into possible routes to take after the course. This may include Watford FC player appearances, members of local Football Associations, representatives from Soccer Scholarships in USA, Personal Trainers and many more. We also invite our ex-players or university placement students to give their experiences on the course or what life is like on particular sports degrees that may be of interest to them.
For more information or to register your interest please contact George Karsa on 020 8421 4676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org