*Full job descriptions and application forms for all positions are to the right of this section*
50/50 Matchday Raffle Seller
Position: Casual – every home matchday
Salary: Commission Based
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: Ongoing
Watford FC Community Sports & Education Trust are currently recruiting sellers to join their Match day 50/50 Raffle Team. The successful candidate will be confident and outgoing and enjoy the challenge of selling to the public.
The role involves;
- Selling 50/50 raffle tickets in and around Vicarage Road Stadium on a match day prior to kick off.
- Sellers should arrive two hours prior to kick off, and finish once the game has kicked off.
- Sellers are set a target number of tickets to sell, normally 150+ per match once you are an established seller.
- Following kick-off, all takings and unsold tickets are handed back to the Team Supervisor to be totalled up.
- Sellers earn an initial rate of £7.05 per hour (exclusive of holiday pay) with the opportunity to earn additional commission based on the number of tickets sold.
- Additional incentives will be offered to sellers who regularly hit their target e.g. a ticket to the game.
Sellers will ideally be available to work all home games, however if you are unavailable you will need to notify the team supervisor at least one week before hand.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford and be UK/EU residents or non-residents with a valid UK work permit. We will require proof of ID e.g. passport, should you be invited for a trial game and are successful. The minimum age for sellers is 16 years and Under 18s are required to complete a parental consent form.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to Tamora Burford at Tamora.Burford@watfordfc.com, or for more information call 01923 496225.
Deadline for applications is ongoing.
Assistant role Extra Time.
£11.52 per hour
The Trust are looking to recruit a suitable person to assist in the running of our popular and well regarded Extra Time club. Participants are aged over 55 and meet on Thursday morning between 10am-12pm at Watford FC Vicarage Road Stadium. The programme enables participants to meet socially and take part in a range of activities, Carpet Bowls, Dance etc. or to just enjoy a coffee and a chat. There are 32 sessions per year ,which follow a school year timetable.
Essentials for the role are
- Experience working with senior citizens or a desire to do so
- Have an innovative approach and ideas to contribute to the club
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Good organisational skills and some basic knowledge of Microsoft word and excel
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a two person team and occasionally independently
- Reasonably healthy as some lifting and movement of equipment is necessary
- Available to work Thursday mornings in synch with the school year ( no club during school holidays)
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01923 496385